Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 24 - Christmas Eve

I remember when I was growing up hearing my mother and grandmother mention that they were nervous during times of chaos.  And I remember having absolutely no idea why that would make them nervous.  Now I  know.  Tonight my family came over for our Christmas gift exchange, and y'all, I felt like I was going to hyperventilate by the end.  Presents were everywhere.  We filled three lawn sized garbage bags with gift wrap and boxes.  It was crazy.  I'm still trying to recover, so I'm mostly going to let the pictures do the talking.

Hunter was so excited for everyone to come over...

And Charlotte.  Well, she was mostly just excited about the sweets...

V, Char, and Dad...

My mom wanted to start a tradition of playing Christmas bingo.  It was really fun, and my mom had great prizes!  I won a Mi Cocina gift card, and Hunter won a tin of some yummy funkychunky candy cane popcorn.


Vanesa and Char are pretty much BFF.  I love watching Charlotte with V...

Hunter was really excited about his stocking...
We love stockings in this house.




Char holds everything up to her cheek like this...
At first it was just stuffed animals and baby dolls that she snuggled with, but now I guess even lemonheads make the cut.



Present time...


I told you she climbed on everything...


Mom got Charlotte this shopping cart with groceries and a baby to go in it...




Hunter loved his construction vehicles from Grandpa...

And Charlotte loved this vibrating corn teether she got from Grandpa...
 So funny!

Here's Hunter's soccer net that Nana got him.  Somehow I was able to snap this shot during the one milisecond that H wasn't screaming at Char for climbing in his net.  He was really overwhelmed tonight and had a hard time staying calm, but I can't really get on to him for that, because I had a really hard time staying calm too.

We are so thankful for everyone in our family.  It was a great night!  I love hanging out with all of them:)

Our verses for tonight were Galatians 4:4-5 "But when the time arrived that was set by God the Father, God sent his Son, born among us of a woman, born under the conditions of the law so that he might redeem those of us who have been kidnapped by the law. Thus we have been set free to experience our rightful heritage." (The Message)

I like the message's version of those verses best.  We are his children, too, and when we accept and acknowledge that we are and that God sent his son here to be born in the world, under the law, for us, we have the rights to inherit all that a child of God's should inherit...eternal life with Him.

No comments: