Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2 - Peppermint Ice Cream and Family Christmas Ornament

Today has been a little crazy.  I caught James's cold, so I stayed home from work and laid miserably in bed until 11:15.  (Yes, I did.)  Then at nap time, James put the kids down and went outside to clean up the front yard while I laid around on the couch.  (I have no shame when I'm sick, people.)  About an hour into naps, Charlotte starts talking, and after about 5 minutes, the talking turns to crying.  I went in to check on her and she was ON THE FLOOR.  On the floor people!!!  I felt terrible.  My sweet baby is sitting on the floor in a leap from position with real tears spilling down her face.  So after about 30 minutes of cuddling (hopefully she won't be the next one to catch the cold after that), I went into her room and lowered the mattress to the lowest setting on the crib.

After some more laying around, we had dinner and Hunter opened door number 2 in the Advent gingerbread house.  But not before some serious protesting about reading the Bible.  I don't know what's with him.  He's never been like that before.  I told him that he didn't have to listen, but we were reading our verse for the night because it's Christmas season and Christmas is when we celebrate the birth of Jesus. 

Tonight's verse was Matthew 1:20 "...an angel of the Lord appeared to him (Joseph) in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit."

Then our activity was to buy a family Christmas ornament and eat peppermint ice cream.  Hunter loved his ice cream cone...
 And Charlotte couldn't get enough either...
 I know she looks drugged there, but the only one in this house that's loopy from medication right now, is me.

Then Hunter hung our ornament on the tree...

Hopefully the Bible protesting will be short lived.  I did just hear him yelling "It's the Holy Spirit!  It's the Holy Spirit!" in the bathtub, so at least I know some of it is sinking in.

No comments: