Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 16 - Christmas PJs

Hunter's preschool Christmas party was today, and James was nice enough to persuade H to wait for me to get home to open his present from his teachers.  I really appreciated it since I couldn't be at the party because of work.  So here's a little preview of the gift opening extravaganza that we'll be having in about a week...

 His gift was this fun chalkboard...

He brought lots of other goodies home from his party...
 I love this picture of him...
 How cute is he?!

Hunter was really concerned about Charlotte playing with his chalkboard after he opened it...sharing is not high on his priority list.  Luckily, I was able to distract her from it until he left the room...


After we opened Hunter's gift, it was time for our activity.  He was giddy to pull out the message, and when I read, "We're going to get pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve."  He said, "Why are we going to eat them?"  And when I told him, "No Christmas Eve."  He said, "But I want to eat something for our activity."  Of course he did.  If anyone from our church nursery heard that story and had to guess which kid said it, they'd all know it was H.  He has a reputation for loving snack time.  I told Hunter we could get an Icee at Target, and he was super excited to head out for our activity.

Here are the PJs...
Now H will look much better on Christmas morning than he did last year when he had to wear pajamas that were a size too small because his mommy hadn't done laundry.  Parent of the year y'all.  That's me.

Our verse tonight was Luke 2:21 "On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived."

I've started doing our verse at the dinner table after dinner, and Hunter has been much more cooperative and interactive with it.  Tonight he even prayed for one of the families that sent us a Christmas card!  So sweet.

No comments: