Sunday, June 29, 2008

Real Life Super Heros

James was out of town on business all last week. I definitely need people around me or I get pretty lonely, so Hunter and I kept busy.

(Thanks for hanging out so much with us Court and Kate!)

Monday we went to Hawaiian Falls...
Tuesday we went to Target where I got some new shorts and these new shoes (both on clearance!)....



I also got these new shoes...


and this new swimsuit (the one on the right - I couldn't resist the swim skirt, especially with my hatred of my thighs)..


I sadly realized on Monday that my bikini is so not cutting it for public swim anymore. My post-pregnancy body is not the same as my pre-pregnancy one or maybe it's just my post-pregnancy body image that's so different...either way I made it a priority to buy a new swim suit. I felt kind of ridiculous walking around in a bikini on Monday while carrying my 15 month old. I am gonna keep the old bikini in my drawer...just in case I ever get that pre-pregnancy body and self confidence back:)


Wednesday we had play group...
which was pretty small this week, but fun! It was just Ronnie, Hunter and Meryn. As you can see, Meryn has forgiven Hunter for this incident. Hunter looks so big making lovey eyes at Meryn. That cradle robber...I guess he follows in his father's footsteps;)


Thursday we were back at Hawaiian Falls after buying my season pass. We had fun, but the experience was for sure different from our first visit. For some reason there were way more teenagers there on Thursday. I seriously did not know I was that annoying all of those summers in middle school and high school hanging out at Wet N Wild. Just an FYI for you teeny boppers - playing Marco Polo in the Lazy River is not the best idea ever.
Friday James came home (finally!). We were both so excited to see him!

All week I kept thinking how hard it must be for single parents. I didn't even really come close to understanding what life must be like for them, but without James there to help me with the small day to day things, I really got to thinking about how much I respect single parents. It is not any easy task to raise a child with your partner, I can't imagine the challenge it is when you are alone. These men and women are my heros!

2 comments:

Pint Sized Life said...

I have thought the same thing about being a single parent when Kelly is gone. I don't know how they do it. Make sure you let your sweet hubby know just how much you appreciate him!! :-)

Randa's notes on doing life with Christ and family... said...

I have the same swim suit! Love the skirt that hides post pregnancy thighs, but the best part...it's BLACK - so forgiving! Too cute!