Sunday, June 22, 2008

C & J Landscaping Services

Well our muscles ache, our fair, fair skin is burnt (and covered in bug bites), and we've sweat a little more than I wish to in a lifetime, but we are finished with the landscaping. And I must say it looks oodles better...

Before
(Well those are before the planting began on Saturday, but after James and I dug up weeds for a couple of hours on Friday - plus the time I spent doing this last week.)

After


I did make one mistake during our first big landscaping job, but James swears it's not noticeable. Let's see if y'all can tell...
Do you see it?

We ran out of Begonia's on Saturday morning, so that afternoon we went and got more. I picked out the wrong kind, though. See how the front ones are different. I'm trying REALLY hard not to let this ruin my appreciation of our new landscaping, but unfortunately I'm being a little psycho perfectionist about it. Maybe it will get better in time...or maybe worse. If history is any indicator, I'm going with the latter on that one.

Anyway, Hunter was a GREAT help on Saturday. He went with us to the nursery to pick out the plants and flowers and was an angel the whole time, and then came home and took a 2 hour nap so we could get a lot done. He even helped out after he woke up by sitting patiently in the shade for a while contemplating putting the grass in his mouth. After trying dirt, he figured he could brave putting anything in his mouth.

After much consideration, he ultimately decided to go for it...As you can tell, he gives grass a much better review than dirt. Who wouldn't?

Here's the closest thing to a full view of our house that I could get with my camera.

Hunter says, "Great job mommy and daddy! I'm so excited to have a beautifully landscaped front lawn!"

I know. He's super advanced in his expressive language for his age. I've been working with him on it:)

7 comments:

Katie said...

It looks great! Ya'll should come do mine now, since I'm disabled and can't like bend over. I love the pics of Hunter. Grass totally tastes better than dirt.

Kaitlin L. said...

Great job! We're looking for a landscaper (or two) if you're interested :)

amy said...

can you guys come work on the front beds of our new house? they need major help.

Crazy May Days said...

It looks great! I would hire you in a heartbeat! Our front yard could use a little help!

April said...

yard of the month quality :)

Anonymous said...

Your hard work was totally worth it. Aren't you glad you saved all that money?

Monica said...

Good job! That is SUCH hard work. Stevie and I have been down that road many times...and it is time to do it again!