Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today my kid ate dirt.

Oh yes he did. You read that right.

Since we moved into our house 1 1/2 ago, our flower beds have looked horrible. I'm totally embarrassed by them. So we decided to use our economic stimulus check to have a landscape architect come and fix it for us. But when we got our check the other day, we decided that although it'd be nice to have a beautifully, professionally landscaped yard, we could use $995 for other important things. Like gas.

So we're going the cheap route. I.e., Carole and James Landscaping Services will be doing the flower beds. It is hard work people. Especially when its 100 degrees out. And just an FYI, tilling the flower beds and pulling weeds in 100 degree heat = LOTS of sweat. And I do not like to sweat, so when James got home and saw what I had done today, he said (and this is seriously a verbatim quote), "I'm so proud of you honey." That man knows me well.

Anyway, before we went out to sweat like half of my body weight off, I put on Hunter's hat and glasses and sat him under the tree in the front yard for shade. It took about .5 seconds for both pieces of protective sun gear to come off. He looked dang cute, but this is the best picture I could get...

You'll have to just use your imagination.

It didn't take long for Hunter to crawl over to me and start pulling the weeds out of the trash bag. I was so thankful when he was over that game that I barely noticed him grabbing handfuls of dirt and didn't look up in time to use the mommy block and prevent him from shoving TONS of dirt into his mouth. He quickly spit it out and we ran inside where I tried my best to use a washcloth to get it out.

When we went back out, Hunter started picking up piles of dirt again and rubbing them into his scalp. Yep. My kid is all about personal hygeiene.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is too funny Carole! That boy sure loves to eat!!!

Crazy May Days said...

seriously...laughing out loud.