Sunday, June 1, 2008

Drama King

This weekend our friends, Aaron and Ashlee and little McKelley (if y'all are reading this I'm sure I totally just butchered the spelling of her name - sorry!), came to stay with us. On Saturday night, I guess I got a little too rushed to put Hunter to bed because I completely forgot to give him his bottle before putting him down. I know. I know. I should win most attentive mother of the year. Hunter slept great though so I figured I had totally just lucked out and didn't have to fight the battle to drop that last bottle.


Then tonight happened.


Before bed I gave Hunter his regular straw cup filled with milk. He took like 2 sips and threw himself into a fit of rage. Loud screams y'all. VERY loud. The kid was not happy. So we did what any sane parent would do and pulled the bottle out. Yeah. Remember that battle I mentioned earlier? We pretty much lost it. Where does my child get all of this drama from? Wait. Don't answer that.

Of course I took pictures of Hunter and McKelley while they were visiting...


I took about a million of them in the tub together, and in like 95% this is what I got...

McKelley is soooo good at smiling for the camera. She even waits for the crazy long delay. Hunter on the other hand, thought the wall was more interesting than his mommy. Pictures were not his idea of fun. Until he saw how dang cute McKelley's little posing was...

and then he decided to cooperate. But like his mother has done so many times, he blinked at the exact right moment for the picture to turn out like this...

McKelley tried to get fresh and grab Hunter's cute little bum. In that picture above she's planning her move, and here she's about to go for it...

Luckily he's too fast for her! That time at least.

Hunter and McKelley had to miss each other's birthday parties (she's just a month younger than him), so after their bath they got to have a fun little gift exchange...

Thanks so much for visiting y'all! We had a great time:)

(I'm totally putting those bathtub pictures in their rehearsal dinner video when they get married in about 25 years.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hunter must have learned all the drama from James! Cute pics!