Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Distractions

Hunter's had a rough couple of days. The new teeth still haven't come through, but his nose is crusty and drippy and his mouth is a constant fountain of drool, so it can't be long now. We've been trying to distract him from the pain by doing some of his new favorite things....
Like stacking blocks with daddy

He LOVES to stack things. He goes to this table multiple times per day because these blocks fit into each other and make it easier to stack then some other blocks. He can do 5 high! Here's proof (of 3 at least)...He also loves his Mega Blocks. He'll put these together too, but prefers for us to do the stacking and give him the job of pulling apart...

We're cleaning up in that second picture. What did I tell ya? My kid is sooo type A.He also LOVES when mommy and daddy are silly, so James put these eyes from the Mega Blocks set on his eyes and Hunter thought it was hysterical. He pulled them off of James's eyes and then put them back on!

He has the cutest new laugh that I've been trying to get on video (even the ladies at the church nursery noticed it this weekend), but everytime I pull out the camera, he gives me the "stop it lady! I'm not your monkey" look.

So since I can't share that I felt the need to share some other sort of cuteness on video with y'all. And that would be my kid's mad singing and dancing skills. He may have received the type A personality from both parents, but definitely not the dancing. Neither of us have much rhythm on the dance floor. Actually neither of us have much contact with any sort of dance floor. Ever. Well maybe if it's a slow song. Maybe.

Anytime Hunter hears music he stops and looks around with this really serious look on his face and then starts dancing and singing. He started doing it tonight so I ran and got the camera, but he realized what was going on very quickly and the dancing stopped immediately. I don't see a future in the theater with this one. Stage fright is already setting in. He did give us some cute head banging action though.

Unfortunately I am often computer illiterate, so even though I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn this video in the right direction, it still looks like this...

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love that picture of Hunter laughing. He is soo cute! His dancing reminds me of Vanesa dancing to Britney Spears when she was little. Do you remember that?

Kaitlin L. said...

Way too cute - the dancing's awesome! Logan has the puppy pj's, too - so, even though they've never met, they're pj twinkies :)

Pint Sized Life said...

That picture of Hunter laughing is priceless!!

Trina said...

I was going to say exactly the same thing Katie did. It reminded me so much of Vanesa dancing to that Baby Baby song. Do you remember that? He is adorable!