Wednesday, May 21, 2008

All boy

Hunter and I are having so much fun these days. I love his little personality. It comes out more every day! Although he's not walking without holding on to furniture...or cabinets...or the wall (which he totally could do, but that kid refuses to do anything until he can do it perfectly), he is in to everything he can reach. And somehow he finds a way to reach things that I think are for sure at a safe height or distance. I found him in our bedroom the other day walking around the bed singing a little song. Luckily I found him before he got into anything. I know he had something planned though - I mean look at that mischievous face... Hunter loves to figure out how things work, examining every toy very carefully, but will quickly throw the toy across the room the instant he's through with it. So, it doesn't take long for my house to look like a tornado has come through. I left him in the living room for like 5 minutes the other day, and when I came back this is what I found...

Yes. He pulled the table apart and turned it over. I'm blaming James for his superhuman upper arm strength, because we know it is surely not from me. The good news is that he has totally started helping me with the clean up process. He throws (and I mean throws) the toys back into the container they came from whenever I start singing the clean up song. I'm training him well. Now if I could just work on that screaming...

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is so funny that he took that table apart. Zackary has always liked to take his toys apart too. I guess it's a boy thing!

Emily said...

Love your blog banner!! I can't remember if I've told you that yet.

I love reading your stories b/c I know that's what my life will be like 1 year from now :) I give you all the credit for teaching Hunter to love to clean up!