Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yes. I'm still alive.

Things I've learned while sitting on death's doorstep (in no particular order):

1. No matter how excited I am about the 6 things I have planned for the weekend, when my fever is 102 and my body aches so bad that the clothes on my back feel like some sort of torture device, I will not be attending any of those functions. Not. A. One.

2. As the parent of a toddler boy, one should expect that he will appear one day with a huge, red, scabby, burnish looking thing on his body. Hunter's is on his abdomen and no one knows where it came from, which makes it all the more painful every time I look at it. Hunter? Hunter's not phased one bit by it.

3. My husband keeps his promises. And I couldn't love him more.

4. When you see your son for a total of only 3ish hours in a 5 day period, you really really really start to miss him...and almost forget what his sweet face looks like. So you'll sneak in his bedroom at 2 am when he's sleeping (and unfortunately you are not) just to take a peek.

5. James knows the clean up song. And he sounds DANG cute singing it.

6. Four nights in a row sleeping in a separate bed from your husband is too many.

7. Missing just one day of Hunter's life takes away the opportunity of witnessing so many cute things. I'm trying to get some of these on video so they can be the subject of my next post:)

8 comments:

Katie said...

Being sick really stinks. I hope you're feeling better. Boys are really good at getting boo-boos and not knowing how the got them so get used to it!

Emily said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick!! I hope you are feeling better really soon!!

And, it's been a while since I've been to your actual blog site b/c I've been reading them on my google reader page, but I LOVE your new header. Looks great!!

Rikki said...

aw, i'm sorry you're sick, carole! i hope you get your energy back and will be able to cuddle with hunter again soon.

Crystal Hays said...

I'm sorry that you've been so sick. Get better soon and maybe we can finally have our playdate!

The Ross Family said...

Hi Dear Friend! I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you feel better very soon.

(Sorry it's been forever since I've added a comment to your blog. I still read it frequently, but usually get interrupted by a curious little guy that thinks he needs to type on the computer when mommy sits in front of it. -- Oh the joys of having a toddler.)

Again, I hope you feel better soon!

Stephanie said...

Hi Carole! I'm so glad you visited my blog! I've actually been reading yours for a while now, but haven't ever commented.

I'm sorry you're sick, and I know it's hard being away from Hunter. Whenever I get sick I always feel guilty on top of my other symptoms for not being able to take care of Henry. Hang in there!

Heather Anderson said...

So glad you are back and feeling better! It is painful to know your family is in the next room and you are lonely! Hope you make up for it this weekend!

beckydrake said...

Carole,
I'm so sorry you have been ill....if its anything like what I had a month or so ago, I hurt all over, and the fever.....very bad...anyway hope you are better. I'm still working on my blog, please check it out and keep in touch I love you sweetie....beckyd,and I'm glad you are better..........beckydrake2405@yahoo.com