Friday, June 6, 2008

Miracles

The craziest thing happened today. Two of my very best girlfriends both had their sweet little babies within hours of each other. I was so excited on my way to work this morning when I realized that these two kindred spirits of mine were about to have such an amazing experience.

The new mommies Laura and Amy (as well as Marcy and I), have been friends for 14 years. FOURTEEN YEARS PEOPLE!!! That's a long time to be consistently invested in each others' lives! Together we've been through every emotion a woman can experience, as well as a lot of laughter, tears, crushes, heartache and heartbreak. We've seen each other through new boyfriends, old boyfriends, repeat boyfriends, and finally each woman's last boyfriend. We've shared many secrets, many movies, many phone calls, and many stories.

Fourteen years of friendship. Real friendship. That is remarkable. These 3 women have been pillars of strength for me. They've supported me through my hardest trials and rejoiced with me in my greatest joys. All three of them stood beside me the day I pledged my love and my life to James, supporting our union and making a committment to pray for us for the rest of our lives.

The four of us now have seven kids between us. Seven kids that I will love and pray for as long as I live. I feel so honored to have women like this in my life who I know will be there for me whether they live in Utah or Virginia or just up the street in Plano. I'm so excited for Laura and Matt and Amy and Josh today!

Sweet Victoria Grace arrived at 8:44 am (Utah time) and sweet Noah Gregory arrived at 11:55 am (Fort Worth time). I can't wait to meet them both! I don't have pictures of the babies yet, so here's some pictures of the mamas...



I scanned this one from winter 2003. It's the newest picture I have of the two new mommies and me all together. The sad truth is once the babies arrive, pictures start to focus on them.

Since I spent so long reminiscing while looking through all of my photo albums, I just downloaded the rest of the pictures from my computer. Spending all night scanning old pictures would not be helpful in getting rid of the piles of laundry on my kitchen floor. So no trips down memory lane for this post. Maybe when we've been friends for 20 years I'll dedicate a post to that:)



Amy with Hunter the day after he was born.



Laura, Hunter and I when she came to visit last summer.



Laura, Hunter and I when we went to visit in Utah this past January.




Marcy, Amy and I this past February in Houston.


Amy and I this past March.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is so cool that they had their babies on the same day! I'm so excited for them. Tell Amy and Laura that I said congratulations!!!