Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ouch

This past Saturday night James and I went to my 10 year high school reunion. I have been blessed with great friendships from my high school years and fortunately still keep in touch with a lot of people. So if anything, this night was fun because I got to hang out with my friends! I also got to see some of my favorite friends from high school that I don't get to see anymore.

Like this girl...
and this one...
and this one...


They are all so fun and still so easy to talk to!

Of course I took plenty of pictures with friends that I still keep up with...
me, Dustin, Emily

Matt, me, Marcy


me and Crystal


Marcy, Taylor, me


I found a super cute dress to wear to the reunion from my all time favorite store, but since I spent so much on the dress and jewlery, I decided to opt for shoes from one of my other favorite stores, Target. Not my best idea people. A bit of advice - if you're going to be standing for 4 hours, don't wear cheap shoes.

When I saw these awesome shoes in Target with an even awesomer price of $10 (on clearance), I knew they were perfect (especially since they went so well with my outfit)...


But then the end of the night came, and the stabbing pains shooting through my feet were so severe that I couldn't even make it to the car. James had to carry me...

The moral of the story...$500 Manolo's don't seem like such a crazy idea when, because of your "frugal" purchase, your feet are still hurting 9 hours after you've removed your cheap $10 shoes.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Ahhh...I have those shoes too. They are SO uncomfortable!!!!! I wore them once & haven't worn them since. They are cute though :)

Looks like you guys had a fun night!!!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Cute shoes! It looks like ya'll had fun!!!

Katie said...

Oh and who are the two girls in the first two pictures?

Carole said...

Jenny Yi and Abby Cooper. Abby was one of the ones that was with me when I skipped school that time and came home and mom caught me.

Heather Anderson said...

We have the same favorite store Carole!!!! If only they would come up with a line of maternity clothes... then I would really be in trouble.

Crystal Hays said...

Hey Carole,
Can you send me that picture of us. The one I took with my camera was blurry! We had so much fun at the reunion.

Gig' Em Owls!