Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Change

(Okay y'all, as a warning, I'm in a really sentimental mood right now - this post isn't lighthearted and funny:))


I've always been resistant to change. I like to stay where I'm comfortable, and when the things in my life get shifted around and messy, it makes me uncomfortable. Right now God is doing a lot of shifting in my life, and as always, it's making me a little uncomfortable. I know He knows me perfectly and is trying to grow me and teach me. I know I should cling to Him, especially right now, but I for sure have days where that is a struggle. It's so much easier to just have a big pity party, right?


Many friends of ours are moving away or have moved away or are considering changes in their family that will take them away from the place where we are often together. I have always cherished my friendships. God has richly blessed me with many beautiful women who I can call on for different things, and as I've grown older I've been even more blessed with families that He's provided to invest in and pray for my family. I know that people flow in and out of your life leaving pieces of themselves as they go. I only wish some of them could've stayed just a little longer than they did.


Our good friends, the Velascos, left for California last weekend. They are not coming back. (Okay that seemed totally morbid, they're not dead or anything, just moved:)). I am so sad now that they're gone. I wish I would've taken more advantage of the time we had with them while they were here in Dallas with us, but I will carry with me the many lessons they taught me. I've learned so much from Bernie and Kat. So much about the Lord and how He loves me and made me perfectly. I will miss hearing their wisdom on a weekly basis, but know they are sending me prayers from the west coast.

Everyone, go love on your family or neighbors or friends today, and be thankful that God has brought them into your life! I know I am.

See you soon Bernie and Kat (before we get to heaven). We love y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to make me all sniffly in front of my in-laws! I miss Dallas already. Random things will happen that make me think, "I have to tell so-and-so about this when we get back!" and then I remember that we're not just on vacation. We love you tons and I'm glad you're such a good blogger so we can keep up to date on your family.

April said...

I miss Bernie and Kat, too!! Bernie is my favorite Bible teacher in the world....I keep meaning to write their new church to tell them he's the best and they are blessed to have him...