Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Braunfels

So my family takes these little vacations together every year, and this year we went to New Braunfels. Last year's trip worked great because I could just wear Hunter everywhere and he was really good about sleeping on demand. Since wearing a 25 pound toddler is out of the question, I knew this year would be a little more challenging.

We got off to a great start because Hunter was pretty good on the car ride there (and awesome on the way home!). We stopped at McDonald's on the way down, and Hunter got to play in his first fast food kiddie area (man I am racking up points with the nutritionists of the world). As you can tell, it wasn't the most exciting moment of his life.

Once we got there, James and I had to sit in the condo a lot while Hunter napped or slept, but it was good to get to relax...and I got to watch the finale of The Bachelorette because I'm hooked and can't miss it even if I am on vacation. Uh, I mean my kid was sleeping and I couldn't leave him. Yeah. That's it. That's definitely the reason I sat down and watched THREE STRAIGHT HOURS of tv while on vacation.

Despite our devout patronage to the American Broadcasting Company (or is it America's Broadcasting Company?), we found the time to work in many other activities - while Hunter was actually awake...

We went swimming at the resort's pool...

The rest of my family played tennis and went bike riding and hiking, but like I said I had tv - I mean a baby - to watch.
We also went to Schlitterbaun for the day, which in my opinion is pretty lame for America's number 1 swim park, but whatever...As you can see, Hunter agrees.
It rained while we were there, so we ran into this little castle until it passed. Hunter had so much fun hiding from the rain under my sun hat.

After the rain stopped, we took the little tram to the other part of the park, which is DOWN THE STREET (I mean there's seriously like an entire town in between the two sections).
I liked this side a lot better. Hunter on the other hand, was still not impressed...
Hunter had so much fun playing with my hat at the water park, that when we got home that night, he put Aunt Katie's hat on and started crawling all around the room, which is amazing to me because he couldn't see a thing and he didn't run into the wall, not.even.once. And when you consider the genes this kid is made up of, you will see the miracle that this actually is. Of course, by the time I got the camera, he found his way to the table and stood up...
If you asked Hunter, I'm sure he'd tell you his favorite part of the trip was probably all of the different food he got to eat, especially the chocolate ice cream.
That boy loves him some sweets. He obviously gets it from his dad. I'm soo the health nut in this family. Can't you tell?

3 comments:

Rikki said...

the pics of the hat are so cute! and i like the ice cream one too! charlie is mesmerized by chocolate...and fruit roll ups. very healthy indeed.

April said...

those are REALLY cute pictures!!!

Stephanie said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Btw, I love you swim cover up! So cute!