Monday, July 21, 2008

Bye Bye Begonias

Remember this post?

Well. That will be the last of the gardening posts on this blog. If you're interested in learning how to make your flower beds beautiful, don't call me. But if you want to know how to kill not only one, but two sets of flowers you've planted in your front beds, you know who to contact.

All of those beautiful begonias have now turned into this...

Notice how the back flower beds still look great. Yeah. Didn't have anything to do with that. All of the credit goes to James. So as a way of showing my gratitude and deep appreciation of his green thumb, I let him take care of planting that sod all by himself.

4 comments:

Mrs. Everything said...

Try to take them back... if you still have your receipt. I know Lowe's, Home Depot and Walmart have a year guarantee. I've had to do it several times since I don't have the greenest thumb.

Anonymous said...

In my family, the green thumb doesn't kick in until mid-30'. I'm just now able to have healthy houseplants...but I haven't progressed to planting in the actual earth. There is still hope for you, Carole!

Pint Sized Life said...

I kill begonias too. Unfortunately, they make it seem as though they are indestructible - they are not! Don't feel bad!

Unknown said...

I kill just about anything that I put in the ground! I understand the frustrations. I'm sure they were pretty while they lasted!