Saturday, July 12, 2008

Signs that a toddler has invaded your house...

1.Your neatly folded laundry piles end up thrown all over the room or used as impromptu accessories.
As you can see in this picture, Hunter felt the need to accessorize with a scarf this morning. Should I be worried that he went for the pink pajama pants?
-
2. The magnetic field drawing your child to the dishwasher is so strong, that you must keep your dishwasher locked at all times to prevent injury. And when you forget to lock it, he will know. And he will crawl over to it, pull it open and take out his dish of choice merely seconds after you leave the room.

3. Stains will begin to appear on all light colored furniture in the house. The origin of these stains being milk, regurgitated milk, drool, snot, ink, and the latest at my house...

lip liner. Yes ladies and gentlemen, that is lip liner on my couch. A piece of advice to future parents...if you want to avoid permanent stains, invest in microfiber!

4. Any bag or briefcase or purse left within said toddler's reach will be turned over and all of it's contents thrown all over the room.

Believe it or not, all of these things happened this morning while I was doing laundry. Except for the lip liner incident which happened in the wee small hours of the morning while I was actually supposed to be watching my child. Don't ever lie down on the couch and shut your eyes for "just a second". You may think that your toddler will sit nicely and watch the rest of My Friends Tigger and Pooh, but he won't. He will be doing dangerous, destructive things. I promise.

Note: no toddlers were harmed during the typing of this blog post. Due to his love of knives, I made sure mine was asleep in bed before I began typing.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Cute pics! That boy does love to play in the dishwasher.

The Ross Family said...

Aren't curious toddlers so much fun?
Cute pics of your mischievous little man.

Unknown said...

Ok, so I admit, I blog stalk...but James knows...so it should be okay (we work together, and I love following all of your adventures) anyway, as a mother of 3 my advice is this: if you havent already stocked up on Mr. Clean Magic erasers..do so now! I swear, they clean everything off of everything-you will be amazed! They even take pen and crayon off of library book pages :)

Trina said...

Great pics! Hunter is a blast to be with...even if he did mix my chapstick and lipstick together one day and then my two concealers the next! : )

Mom

Anonymous said...

Fun times. The gorgeous bone colored leather sofa I've been planning to buy is probably not such a good idea now that I'm a soon-to-be toddler stepmom. I was SO ready to finally have nice furniture. Guess I'll just save the $.

Brandie said...

I'm very new to blogspot and finding friends on here. But this post had me laughing hysterically! He is adorable =)

beckydrake said...

Carole,
I am laughing so hard, I love the dishwasher picture at the end, where you say "no toddlers were injured" Sheby WILL NOT stay out of my dishwasher, I don't remember my kids doing that....wait maybe we didn't have a dishwasher back then....no we did, they just didn't get in it, I have to lock it, and turn it off with the switch on the top of the cabinets (never saw one with a switch before, but that just shows you, God knew what was going on 20 years ago when we moved here.) but anyway if I don't turn it off at the top, she will spin the dial, and it makes this awful sound as it is forced through wash, rinse, and dry in 2.2 seconds....so I am laughing, and yes even as a grandmother I have many obvious signs that a 2 year old is here everyday, and a 3 month, and a 3 year old, on those days we just lock the front door, and allow no visitors....hahaha I simply love reading your Blog every week....you amaze me...Love you Becky