Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to...Me!

I turned the big 2-8 on Thursday, and it was such a great day! All of my friends and family made me feel so special! I really couldn't have asked for it to be any better, everyone went out of their way to shower me with love and attention and gifts and emails and phone calls and texts and food and cake. I could go on and on.


When I got home from work, I found a birthday gift that had been sent in the mail, and when I didn't dive to move it out of the little tornado's way, he looked at me like this...
He's all, "Do I really get to play in this? Who is this lady that's taken over my mommy's body?"

After the shock wore off, he started digging away. He had way too much fun in those packaging peanuts! I started to get kind of nervous because he would pick up one little peanut at a time and break it into a million pieces to be thrown all over the new rug (which can't be vacuumed while I'm home alone with Hunter because he FREAKS when I turn it on).

He must have sensed my stress levels rising, because it didn't take long for him to give up on examining (and tearing!) each little piece. He decided dumping all of them out would be so much more fun...At least it was a small box, right?

James sent me beautiful flowers (as always:)) and took me to dinner. We rarely take pictures of the three of us, so before we left for dinner, I made sure to get one...

Thanks everyone for making my birthday such a special day!

No comments: