Friday, August 1, 2008

The Wagon

Hunter is obsessed with his wagon y'all. Obsessed. He's been super fussy lately (probably because of the 6 - six! - teeth he has coming in), and all that he wants to do is go outside and play in his wagon. Look how happy it makes him...
As sweet as that is and knowing that this won't win me parent of the year, I have to admit going outside isn't working for me right now. 100+ degree heat and Mommy don't mix. I've tried to explain that to Hunter, but for some reason he's not following.
..
Doesn't he see the sweat dripping from my body after 10 minutes of outside wagon play? Call me a baby. I can take it. What I can't take is the suffocation I experience everytime I'm outside for more than 5 seconds. So for now, we'll be alternating between 10 minutes of happy toddler and grumpy mommy outside and 30 minutes of screaming toddler and mommy who can actually breathe and see straight thanks to the gift of A/C inside.
..
Until fall, it looks like James is so going to be the favorite parent. I can't really blame Hunter for choosing James over me at this point. Daddy actually takes him out of the backyard for rides in the wagon...

3 comments:

Brandie said...

Your posts, and Hunter of course, make me smile =)

Rikki said...

i hate the heat also!! i can't even walk out to the car without wanting to pass out!

Katie said...

CAROLE ELAINE BROOKS, why would you post that disgusting picture of me??? Please learn to edit me out of all pictures from now on. I knew I should've deleted it, but Hunter looked so cute in it. And he does love that wagon, you should just do what we do and bring it inside the house. HA!