Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Six Things

My friend, Stefanie, tagged me this time. Here are the six quirkiest things I could come up with. (This was a stretch, since I already told 10 things about myself in this post, so don't judge too harshly.)

1. I'm a tv addict. Summertime (aka tv's off season) really makes me feel good about the amount of time I spend in front of the tv each day. I only have one season pass on my tivo right now...that's unheard of y'all. My current show is Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. I love Tori. I think we could be best friends if we ever met. (I also think that Angie and I could be best friends if we ever met, but that's a completely different story). I know those two women are pretty much polar opposites, but I admire Angie so much and I think Tori and I have really similar personalities...minus Tori's incessant inappropriate sexual dialogues on national tv and new age religious beliefs and that whole adultry thing. Okay so maybe we're not that similar, but I still love her. Watch the show, and you'll see the draw. That girl is crazy funny.



2. I love to clean. I think part of it comes from my need to stay busy (unless of course I'm watching tv:)) and part of it comes from the gratification I feel after I'm done and can look around at my clean house. I also just love order and when there are things out of place, I start to feel a little OCD. This has become more of a challenge since having a toddler, but I've actually surprised myself on how lacks I can be on this...well, some days.

3. I hate massages. If you're looking to pamper me, never buy me a gift certificate for a massage. James has learned to stick with facials. It's so much less oogy to have someone rubbing on your face than your entire body. My friend, Emily, is the only person I'll let massage me...and that's only when my back is hurting to the point that I have limited strength to walk.

4. I have a compulsion with moving things around in my house. If I'm ever bored, I pretty much immediately start looking around at decorations or furniture to see if there's a new place for it to be moved. And then it's kind of like a domino effect, because once one thing is moved it throws off the whole room and I keep moving things until eventually the whole house has been turned around. And when you get multiple rooms involved, well that's just bad...but unfortunately pretty frequent. I just did a big house makeover on Friday, and my friend, Molly, asked if it made my husband crazy that I can't just leave things where they are. The answer is yes. But I have to think that part of him loves it...at least a little bit.

5. The one thing I want when I'm uncomfortable (whether it be from illness or pregnancy or winter) is a hot bath. Hot to the point where the water almost feels cold on your skin. I love to feel it run over my feet when it's coming out of the faucet. My baths are always really short though, because the water is so hot that the minute I turn it off I have to get out because I'm sweating, and we all know how I feel about that.

6. I'm a crazy planner. I started planning Hunter's first birthday party in my head when he was about 4 months old. I often plan things out looooong before they will happen - months ahead, years even in some cases. I had already planned how I would tell my family we were pregnant with our second child long before we even started thinking about talking about when to have a second. I just get excited about things so I daydream a little. Sometimes it just gets out of hand.

I'm tagging these six friends...

Tricia
Courtney Chamblee
Rikki
Kerri
Mindy
April

5 comments:

Kaitlin L. said...

Okay, I'm totally serious about this - I'm having major anxiety about moving three of my rooms around (I can't do it until I have it fully planned out)...I am in major need of your skills!

amy said...

Love Tori and Dean as well...I need to read Stori Telling.
Can we assume from this post that y'all've started "thinking about" another little one???

Brandie said...

I LOVE Tori and Dean! I've very much gotten into this season, even bought her book.

Heather Anderson said...

You are officially a bad influence on me... you got me addicted to Tori and Dean now. I watched 3 episodes on Video on Demand yesterday and now I'm hooked too. At least until the next Bachelor or Bacheloretter. I love that even good women like you enjoy trashy TV... makes me feel less guilty.

April said...

Your answers are so good and cute!!!!!! I just can't think of ANYTHING! :) I can answer questions all day long, but it's so much harder for me to come up w/ something totally out of the blue....what's wrong w/ me?