Friday, March 21, 2008

I've been tagged

My friend, Kat (over there at naptime confessions under friends and family) tagged me. I'm supposed to tell 10 things about myself that I guess not many people know. Since I'm a pretty open book this should be interesting. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to resort to embarrassing facts or stories. At least you'll get a laugh.

You should totally read Kat's blog because she's dang funny. Just make sure you don't read hers before you read this entry because I have the worst memory ever and she has some really interesting things that I'm sure will make my life seem really boring. Or maybe it's just that I am really boring. Nah. Couldn't be that.


Okay so here goes nothing:


1. When I was like 4 or 5 I used to stand in front of the mirror wearing my star shaped celebrity glasses, strike a pose, and say "I'm so pretty" over and over. Luckily, I've been humbled. Actually if I had to lean in one direction, I'd say I'm insecure now. With a couple of exceptions. Like when James and I watched our wedding video on our anniversary and after it was over I said, "I love myself. How could people not love me?" I have been humbled, though. Right.

2. In elementary school I used to play in my backyard in the afternoons and make up songs on the spot. I'd make up the music and lyrics as I went. And they rhymed y'all. They were good. I'll do one for you now. Ahem.... And I got nothin. Just shows you when you don't use your talent, you lose it. I could've been making the big bucks too.


3. In 5th grade my 3 best friends, Brittney, Stephanie, Lindsay, and I created a club called the drugs aren't cool club. We had meetings at Stephanie's quasi-mansion at which we would sit in her secret hiding place in her house (which if I'm remembering correctly was a room hidden in her mother's closet or something - I wasn't kidding about that mansion part) and eat snacks and make crafts (like our hot pink drugs aren't cool sweatshirts that we wore to school. Y'all WE WORE THEM TO SCHOOL. I'm serious!). We wouldn't let anyone else join our club so our teachers made us disband. Looking back I'm wondering who would want to join that club anyway? I'm so embarrassed right now.


4. I'm still scared of the dark. Seriously. I've carried this fear into adulthood. Hey, the boogeyman's a scarey thought.


5. I'm a HORRIBLE dancer. You know in high school they have those banquets at the end of every year? Well at the cheerleader banquet my senior year we watched a video of highlights from that school year. There was footage from cheerleading camp where on the last day we were all doing the dances we learned that week. I'm in the middle stopping and throwing up my hands in frustration about every 5 seconds. Then came college. And where did my friends like to go every Thursday night? Dancing. Or I guess I should say clubbing, but I feel really stupid typing that. Whatever. Anyway, I would basically stand on the side and laugh at all of the other people who couldn't dance or just sway back and forth in a circle with my girlfriends and hope that no one was watching me.


6. I'm crazy about organization. Like to a disturbing level. Just look in my closet. Or bookcase. Or movie or cd rack.


7. In 4th grade my teacher was doing some geography lesson and I was sitting with my BFF, Brittney (see # 3 above) and our two crushes Duke (yes, Duke. Britt's crush, not mine) and Michael. The teacher asked some question about which state was larger than Texas or was in the south and large or something and I answered California. Well apparently that was wrong because she told me so and didn't soften the blow. From that point on I was VERY hesitant to answer questions in class. It scarred me y'all. My fear of sounding stupid lasted through graduate school.


8. I've never voted. I know. I know. Y'all are all cursing me or gasping right now. I know you're appalled Stefanie. Don't hate.


9. If I had unlimited money and James was on board (which he is definitely.not.on.board) I would have like 6 kids. I love the entire process. I feel like it's a little science experiment. (Not the raising them part. Just the growing them and birthing them. Well actually, it is kind of an experiment raising them too, isn't it? Hmmmm.)


10. I LOVE the NFL draft. It reminds me of sorority rush. I like the first day best, but am totally okay with listening or watching past then. I get more excited for this than for the actual games.


Okay now I have to tag someone. I've thought a lot about this and almost tagged my friend, Courtney, but then I remembered she tagged me once and I never did it. So I'm gonna give her a break. So I'm going to tag Matt. You have to do this, Matt! You owe me. I'm not sure for what, but I'll think of something. Now get busy typing so I can laugh. I have high expectations for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was TONS of interesting stuff! I can't get over the "drugs aren't cool club." That's ridiculously funny.

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up right now! I love the "Drugs Aren't Cool Club" story. Seriously..who wouldn't think that was funny?!? I still remember the girl's name that told on us!