Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hunter the hunter

We had a small indoor Easter egg hunt today at my house with Hunter and his cousins, Zack and Vanesa. I think little H was a little confused about why we were insisting on walking around the room picking up these stupid eggs instead of letting him play with his toys.

Here's the kids before we started hunting...

And the hunt begins...

Hunter finding his first egg with mommy. You can see we found some really difficult hiding places to challenge him.

Hunter putting his egg in his Easter basket. Actually it was more of a bag than a basket...

Looking for the egg we hid in the fireplace. It's always safety first at the Brooks house!

Another strategic hiding place - right on the exercauser. Hey at least it was camoflauged.

We hid gerber puffs in Hunter's eggs. He was really excited to eat them...

We marked Hunter's eggs with an "H" so the kids didn't get the "baby stuff" and Hunter didn't get any candy so we could avoid disasters like this...

We accidentally pointed out a candy filled egg to Hunter and he put it in his bag. He was not happy when we took the candy away.

4 comments:

Pint Sized Life said...

That last picture is great! It cracks me up how mad they get now when things don't work out like they want. I mean really, the tears, they aren't necessary!

Trina said...

Carole...email me that first picture please. None of the ones I took of all three of them turned out. That is a perfect one to put in my grandchildren frame! Poor Hunter, he wanted that candy. Thanks for hosting us yeterday...the food was great!

love,
Mom

Katie said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for having us Carole!!!

beckydrake said...

Carole,
hey girl, it's me Becky Drake, I've been keeping up with Hunter through your Blog, and he is so adorable, and you are so funny, I never knew the humorous side of you, but when I read your stories I can actually hear you talking, and it cracks me up...I saw Tina Verble a week or so ago, at Justin and Brandi's and she told me she was going to Hunter's birthday from there, and I couldn't believe its been a year since he was born....wow....anyway I've been working on a Blog for my family, Its not great yet, because I don't know how to do eveything....but....you kinda get the picture(s)through my rambling, not sure how to get the older post to stay up on the page...anyway just wanted to say hi, tell your mom Hi for me, and I'm gonna keep up with you guys, its so cool to see all the kids, that now have kids, I love it......lots of hugs see you soon, Love you Becky Drake I don't use this email, I use
beckydrake2405@yahoo.com your welcome to say hi, or on my new Blog (hahaha) anytime, I would love to hear from you.....and Crystal, Jenny, Monica, Amy, all of you, I'm so proud when I see where you guys are in life....you are all wonderful mommy's and it makes me so happy for you all....