Monday, March 17, 2008

Dear Hunter


I'm overwhelmed with emotion as I sit here the morning of your first birthday. The tears have already started to flow as I think of my love for you. I remember when you were still in my womb feeling so close to you, yet at the same time wondering what the love of a parent was. Who was this baby growing inside of me? I hadn't yet seen your face or kissed your brow.
Then you came, and from the first moment I saw you, I was in love. How could I have known then how much I would be changed by you? You have made me a better woman - a better wife, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend. Just having you as my son has made my heart grow exponentially. There are no words to adequately express my love for you. Your sweet eyes and smile and arms when they are hugging me are gifts from heaven. Where else would I rather be than sitting in one of your hugs?
It is an honor to be called your mother. Raising you is truly the greatest thing I will ever do. It will be my joy to watch you grow - to watch you become a man of God. I've heard it said that it's often the child that teaches the parent. That has been so true so many times this past year. God has taught me so many things through you. Most importantly He's given me a tiny glimpse of what His love for us is like.
I love you sweet boy. I will never be able to repay you for all you've given me. My heart is so full...

6 comments:

Heather Anderson said...

That is awesome Carole! Congrats on this milestone. It is so fun having birthdays and looking back on everything that happens in a year's time. Crazy how quickly time flies.

Trina said...

I love you Carole

Mom

Crazy May Days said...

Happy Birthday Hunter! We can't believe that your cute little self is 1 year old today! What a big boy! Congrats Carole and James- you made it a full year with all the scariness of being a new parent! You are both such wonderful gifts to Hunter as well! Enjoy today!!!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!!! I can't believe you are already one! Great post Carole!!!

Marcy said...

Absolutely beautiful post, Carole. Happy 1st Birhtday, Hunter -- you are blessed to have a Mommy & Daddy who love you so much!

The Magsigs said...

I was crying just reading that entry. I love how you love your boy (and husband)!