Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dang Red Eye

Will someone please explain this to me?

and this

and this

I swear Hunter did not used to have red eye in every picture I took of him. I' ve been seriously debating whether this is my camera getting old - which it's not, I just got it like 2 years ago - or just my sucky picture taking skills. I've spent way too many minutes looking at my digital camera manual to try and figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong. It says that low lighting might cause red eye, but here's a picture I took today in the car while it was cloudy and raining out

Zero red eye. How do you explain that one Fujiflim?

One of my friends suggested I use a red eye reducer on my computer to fix the problem. This is actually a really good idea, so I went home and found that I already have one installed. Let me tell you, though, this is not an easy thing to do. In like 80% of the pictures, the stupid software makes one pupil like the size of a golf ball and the other the size of a piece of lint. How they think that's okay, I'll never know. And if the puplis actually come out the same size, I some how make them really off center - like this He looks totally cross eyed, but there's no going back now, because I saved it. Why? Because it doesn't let you preview the full picture unless you save it. Good.

Can anyone out there help me? Advice? Please?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Cute pics. The pupils in the last one cracks me up! I agree with the red eye fixer on the computer, they are crazy.

Blake said...

I'll let you know if I ever figure it out - we have the same problem. I use iPhoto's red-eye tool, and it works pretty well, although sometimes there's not much I can do except open up a real program like Photoshop and just mess with it a lot. Still, those are such cute pictures.

Rikki said...

i use picasa, which is free from google. (there's an online program, and one you download to your computer. the downloadable one has editing.) they have a red eye thingy. if you zoom way in, the red part of the eye is easier to pinpoint. they let you "save a copy" so you keep the original and save a copy of the new version. i like it, but every now and then i get a weird one.