Friday, March 28, 2008

Don't ya be a grumpy.

Last night at Keno I won the cutest decorative hangy candle holder thingy ever. So when I got home I looked all around the house for the perfect place for it and realized room by room that I absolutely hated a lot of the choices we made when deciding where to hang stuff after we moved in. So, my sister came over today and helped me move stuff from wall to wall to satisfy my wheniwantsomethingdoneiwantitdonenow need. For real y'all. I'm not talking moving a couple of small framed pictures. We moved heavy mirrors and paintings back and forth between like 12 walls in my house. And I feel SO happy right now as I sit here and look around. Oh the simple things in life. It's so great to be me. I'm so thankful for Kate because I totally could not have done it alone and waiting until James gets home tomorrow is just out of the question. She did have to draw the line somewhere, though. I wanted to move all of the crosses from this wall...

into a wall in our bedroom, but Kate threatened to go home if I did that. But you know what? I don't even care right now because I'm so happy with all of my other decor and how well each piece matches it's respective room.

After we were done, me and Hunter and Kate and her kids and my other sister, Court, went to Chili's for dinner. And it was there that my worst nightmare began to come true. I experienced my first shameful my child is being a brat in public experience. If I had been an onlooker tonight I would have had so many critiques on my parenting skills. I'm really probably making it out to be way worse than it was. Hunter just screamed (or rather shrieked) every time the pacifier wasn't in his mouth. And why wasn't it in his mouth? Because his favorite game is to take it out and throw it on the ground and then scream until you clean it off and give it back. In my defense, if we were at home, the kid would just be screaming because I wouldn't keep giving it back. But I could feel the hatred shooting over at me from the couple at the table next to us, so I had to give in. What am I gonna do? I'm a sucker for peer pressure.

I read in my handout from Hunter's 12 month checkup that at this age a child will start refusing more and showing "tantrum like behavior". So, I've put together a tantrum montage for you. I hope this is not a sign of things to come...


4 comments:

Katie said...

I love the tantrum montage! I don't think anyone even noticed his adorable shrieking. It was kind of funny how Vanesa was trying to hide out of embarrassment! Thanks for going to dinner with us, it was fun!

Trina said...

Poor Vanesa! I wish I had of been there..I can just see her now.

Rikki said...

hey carole...the same "tantrum-like behavior" is happening around our house too...it's like someone flipped a switch on his first birthday and now charlie shrieks and shakes his little fists so hard whenever he doesn't get his way. little stinker!

Heather Anderson said...

Parker just got worse. Now he can defiantly tell me no and he tries to hit when he's really tired. Where does he learn this behavior?