Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I cover too many topics in this post to think up an all inclusive catchy title to put here.

We turned Hunter's carseat around on Sunday to be forward facing. I was expecting him to shout for joy or break out in song and dance or at least crack a smile. I got nothin' from that kid. Not even a grin.
(Stupid red eye reducer. Y'all know he's not really cross eyed. Does anyone want to buy me a new camera for my birthday? July 3rd. You can hand deliver it or just mail it to our house. Thanks in advance.)
Hunter's been awesome at entertaining himself in the mornings the last several days. He just crawls into his bedroom or the living room and plays while I get ready. This is a HUGE change from the days of screaming at me or throwing his paci in the trash/toilet/shower floor and grunting or grabbing at my pant legs (or just my skin when no pants are available) so that I would give him some attention already! He doesn't do as well in the afternoon yet, but I get that it's baby steps. I'll take what I have - you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, right? I am thankful. I will not complain. I am thankful. I will not complain. Repeating in my head x 20.
We do love the weather, though. That's making things in the afternoons easier. Hunter's been itching to get outside...

He'll even sit in our laps on the new patio furniture for like 5 whole minutes. That must be a record for healthy 1 year olds.

Here Hunter's singing his favorite song, the itsy bitsy spider, with mommy. I could seriously sing that song ALL DAY LONG and the kid would not grow weary of it.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I love the picture of James holding Hunter. Hunter's smile is too cute!

Crazy May Days said...

Molly's favorite song is the itsy bitsy spider too! She loves the wheels on the bus second best...they should get together and have a big sing a long about that crazy spider! I like your patio furniture...we are in the market for some too...where did you find yours?

Trina said...

I love the pictures! HE looks so somber in the car seat picture though and his shoes look so BIG! I know it was the angle. He is growing too fast! Dawn told me she got to see him yesterday and I was sad it wasn't me.

Heather Anderson said...

We used to have to sing that song a thousand times a day to get him to go to sleep or calm down when he's cranky. I am a terrible singer, unlike you, but Parker prefers my voice to Jared's awesome voice. Strange child.

Kim said...

Oh man! I am so jealous of your weather right now. I know what you mean about the grab the flesh when no pants are available deal. Those little pinchers are deadly!! Glad to hear he's doing so well.