Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy (belated) Birthday Aunt Courtney!

My sister's birthday was this past Friday, so on Saturday we all went bowling to celebrate. (I really can't believe that Court is 23! SO crazy!) I haven't been bowling in about 5 years and James hasn't been since middle school - that's 20 years people (man, my husband is o-o-old.) I think we did pretty good considering how long it's been. I'm debating whether I should make this a monthly routine just for the arm workout (my arm is still sore). That would be 12 more times a year than my arms are getting worked out now. And it's fun, so why not?

As always, I tried to document each step of the day. I did forget a picture of the guest of honor, though. Sorry Court! Unfortunately, about 12 months ago I became one of those annoying women who only takes pictures of her kid.

Here we are before the games began. You can tell Hunter is really excited...

This was Hunter for the majority of the time we were at the bowling alley. Maybe the nasty stank of smoke filled carpet was more than he could handle...

He quickly cheered up when I set him down and he found his paci (the paci is definitely Hunter's favorite thing...probably more than food...or sleep...or even me)...

He checked out the bowling ball and was pretty intrigued (oh! there's aunt courtney's profile in the background! good. see. i still take pictures of other humans that were not once in my womb. not annoying at all i tell you. not.at.all.)...

Uncle Anson lured Hunter out to attempt to bowl...

But he quickly turned back because the bowling ball was seriously too heavy for him. In the end, cousin Zack found one that was just his size, though!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Cute post. It was fun watching how much all of ya'll suck at bowling. HA!

Trina said...

Hey, we did not suck! We had fun. I agree with Carole, I think this should become a family event...maybe not monthly, but quarterly.

I will download my pictures on put on my blog. I got one of the bday girl.

Mom