Sunday, April 20, 2008

Work, Play, Sleep and Sleep and Sleep

We spent a good part of the day on Saturday trying to fix our pitiful yard. I can't wait for the front flowers to go ahead and die so I can get rid of that part of the flower beds and just have a small area to work with. James broke the shovel trying to dig up this treebush thingy, and I totally pulled the muscle in my arm AGAIN from pulling weeds. (Learn a lesson from my mistake, listen to your inner voice. When something inside is telling you over and over that you're not an outside person and you should go inside where sweating doesn't occur, listen. That would be the smart thing to do.) I am taking this injury as a sign that I'm not meant for any kind of manual labor. The Lord just didn't make me that way. At least Hunter had fun...although you can't really see it in this picture. He sure is cute though, isn't he?

Since we worked so hard in the sun yesterday, we were totally lazy today. After church Hunter took a 2 1/2 hour nap...and so did James and I. Then 2 1/2 hours later, Hunter took another 1 1/2 hour nap...and so did James and I. I think I'm going to be paying tonight when I can't fall asleep.

In between our naps, we put in one of Hunter's Baby Einstein dvds. He's never been interested in tv (except the intro song to Sesame St and then Elmo's part of Sesame St 45 minutes later), but today we thought we'd give it another try. Hunter sat just long enough for me to get this picture...

Again, aren't they so cute?!

On a totally unrelated note, Hunter started using the big bath about 3 weeks ago and he LOVES it. We had tried the big bath 2 other times and the kid freaked. ear.piercing.screams y'all. He did not like it, and he let us know. I'm sure the neighbors considered calling CPS. He's over it now though. I took video of the first big boy bath but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to save videos from my camcorder onto my computer, so I had to settle on some pictures from tonight's bath...

Notice the do. He needs a hair cut bad, but I'm totally nervous to do it, and I can't bring myself to pay the kid haircutting place $15 (yes, FIFTEEN DOLLARS) for two little snips.

Y'all have a great week!

2 comments:

Rikki said...

no, carole, don't cut his hair. then i would feel pressured to cut charlie's hair and i'm not ready for that yet, either. it's so sweet the way it is. plus, i don't want to pay the money or let the lady in our building do it for $5...who knows how that would turn out?!?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.