Saturday, April 26, 2008

Free to Roam...or Ruin

So we finally packed up the exersaucer and jumperoo - our last official reminders of babydom. Hunter has actually shown zero interest in either of these for quite a while now, but I've kept them out, clinging onto his babyhood. Hunter had some good times in those contraptions...




But he is so over it now. He has way more important things to do like schedule his playdates and appointments...

And we can't forget his favorite pasttime - attempting to destroy the house....

Notice the pictures stop here because I had to drop the camera and get in my defensive squat in order to start blocking all of the plastic kitchen utensils that were about to fly at my head. I've given up hope for having scratch free floors. My floors are TORN UP from all of the junk Hunter throws around as hard as he possibly can. I can only imagine the sports dreams that are racing through James's head everyday as Hunter hurls things into the ground. No sports dreams here in my head though. And no dreams of smooth, shiny floors either. Oh the sacrfices I make for that sweet baby...I mean toddler:)

2 comments:

Rikki said...

wow, he's changed so much! gone are the days of sticking them in little contraptions to entertain themselves. they always have to be at our heels! charlie likes our cabinet under the sink where the stinky trash can is. yuck.

Kim said...

For real. My floor just got a brand new scratch courtesy of Gideon's car. I'm feeling your floor pain!

And, we have been lovingly referring to this as the "Search and Destory" phase. I'm pretty sure they leave this phase in about fifteen years, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.