Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Play Hut by Hunter Brooks

Today my mommy and I "played" in the backyard. And by play, I mean she forced me to crawl through this tunnel and touch the hard prickly grass. Since she is such a picture taking fool, I have plenty of pictures to narrate my story for you.

After mommy set up my tent, she went all the way to the other end and started banging the ground trying to get me to crawl to her. I looked at her,
and I looked down at the hard grass,
and I felt very sad that she was going to make me crawl through to her.
But then I saw that she had laid a blanket down for me, so I decided to stop the tantrum and go for it.
I was soon filled with regret for my choice when I felt just how prickly that grass was.
But when I reached the blanket I was totally happy again. Because I am one. And one year olds can be very moody about things like this. Especially one year olds named Hunter. Or so my mom says.
Then I reached MORE GRASS. Come on mommy. Give me a break!
Getting closer to mommy...
And closer...
Until finally I reached her and pulled up to hug her TIGHTLY!

I LOVE hugs!

Mommy was trying to get the perfect shot of us, but she wasn't having much luck.

She finally realized that she wasn't going to master the perfect angle while holding all 20 pounds and 13 ounces of me in one arm and the camera in the other.

I'm such a cuddly baby. Fickle and moody, but cuddly.

4 comments:

Katie said...

That post totally cracked me up Carole! I can't wait to play with Hunter tomorrow.

Rikki said...

charlie: i hate crawling on grass too. i only do it if there's a cool ball to go get, or some kind of car. then i pick up my knees and crawl on my hands and feet so i don't have to touch it as much!

Heather Anderson said...

Love those tantrum to smile moments. He is so funny!

Trina said...

That is so cute....I like what I can see of your hair too. You had it all pulled up when you were here the other night. I am still smiling over Hunter saying "yum" when I gave him cool whip.

Mom