Saturday, March 15, 2008

"Today is your birthday (party)...nananananana"

Mom, Kate, and Court that title's for you:)

Today was Hunter's 1st birthday party! We had tons of fun. My sweet friend, Tricia, took TONS of awesome pictures for us, so get ready because I'm posting A LOT of them - they're too cute to narrow down.

Hunter was a champ opening his presents. He sat with me the entire time, which is pretty dang amazing if you ask me. He started out pretty interested in the wrapping...
That lasted about a millisecond, at which point he became really overwhelmed by all of the paper surronding him...
And then there were yawns...
But he perked up pretty quickly when he saw how fun his new toys were...

Gotta love bows, especially when they go with the party theme:)

Singing Happy Birthday...

He seemed into it until he realized there were about 500 people watching him. Hey, you'd be freaked out too.

The candle...

Surprisingly, he didn't jump right in...


A little coaxing was required, but once he got that first taste, he couldn't get enough.

He hated how it felt on his hands, though.

So, he picked up his fork. I'm totally serious y'all. He picked it up on his own, without any help, and started using it! I have a well mannered little gentleman. Yes. Yes I do.

Unfortunately amongst all of the partying I forgot to take a picture of Hunter with all of his friends. Tricia did get some action shots of a few of them, though...

3 comments:

amy said...

I'm so bummed we missed Hunter's party today! I can't believe it has been a year already.

Love ya!

Rikki said...

happy birthday hunter! so sorry we missed your party...sounds like you had so much fun! good job using your fork like a big boy!

carole, this past year has FLOWN by!! i remember us sitting with courtney and preston with our crying little 7 week olds trying to soothe them...yeah, i cried like 3 times today at charlie's little family b'day party. i'm sad, but happy too. he's such a blessing to us!

Trina said...

We did have a good time...nanananana!

Happy Birthday Hunter...I love you

Nana