Friday, December 21, 2012

Advent Day 21 - Gaylord ICE!

Today's activity was to go to the Gaylord Texan!  I always forget how amazing that hotel is until I'm actually there.  The decorations are so beautiful and it is HUGE.  We headed straight to the ice, and there was no wait.  Nana and Rich met us there so they could spend the day with us!
 
Excuse my outfit.  I'm 32 weeks pregnant and don't have many comfy clothing options that are appropriate for 9 degree temperatures, so I wore my maternity yoga pants (not that I've done yoga at all this entire pregnancy...or at all in the last 10 years) and layered James's pants on top...
Hey, I was comfy and that's all that mattered to me...I don't do well in extreme temperatures:)

Hunter was so anxious to get inside that he boycotted our family photo...

Here's the one posed photo we got with him...and he's actually smiling!

Rich, Nana, and Char...

I wanted another picture of Hunter, so I took a candid shot:)

He was so excited about the slides! He knew they were in there and talked about them all the way until we got to the slide room...

Char hesitated for a while, but finally went down...
Such a brave girl!

He's so happy...

They went 4 times each!  And would've kept going, but we were getting so cold!

After we left that room, Hunter lost it.  He said he was freeeeeezing.  When we got out his poor hands were so red (he was wearing gloves, but I think all of that sliding down the ice was a little too much).

I love the room at the end...
Sweet baby Jesus.

After we left ICE, we headed downstairs for lunch, and then walked around and looked at all of the beautiful decorations.  It would really be a great free outing to just go and look around the hotel...mini trains, a gingerbread house made of REAL candy, tons of huge trees and photo ops.  Hunter saw a man making balloon shapes on the way down to lunch, but none of the rest of us noticed them.  After lunch, he was on a mission to find that man!  We finally did and he made Hunter a sword (and a tiny one for James so they could battle it out!) and a reindeer for Charlotte.  He had tons of cute holiday balloons he'd make, and he was great with the kids.

After that, we were about to leave and Hunter needed a restroom break, so Rich, mom, Char, and I waited by this nutcracker...
Char saw it, and said, "Take my picture."  I love that!  Especially since my son is always saying, "Don't take my picture!"  I tried to get in with her and she told me I wasn't allowed...she wanted a picture of just herself, her balloon and the nutcracker:)

It was a great day!  Can't wait to go back again next year!

Our verses tonight were Matthew 2:9-10, still talking about the Magi...
"After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was.  When they saw the star, they were overjoyed."

No comments: