Monday, July 30, 2007

Big Love, Not-So-Big Muscles

For real Hunter, give me a little less of this . . .

and a little more of this . . .

Hunter still hates tummy time. He's 4 1/2 months old now. What's up? Where's the love for upper body strengthening? Every time we do tummy time, I place his arms underneath him bent perfectly so he can hold his head up really high and now he immediately moves them out and is perfectly content to just lay down with his cheek flat to the ground, and tonight he just started lifting his rear in the air rather than his head. (How's that for a run-on sentence? Isn't it just driving you crazy, Kate?) Sadly, it looks like he's taking after his mom in this area instead of his dad. Since James' cut arms are the REASON I fell in love with him, I was really hoping Hunter would get some of that. Can you blame me - when you have sausage arms, you have to find someone with an awesome upper body to pro-create with. It evens out the gene pool.

SIDE NOTE: (I had to bold & italicise that because even though I pressed enter like 10 times, we know there will be no spaces on the post. Glad I'm smart enough to figure out the formatting.) If anyone watched the BEST episode EVER of Big Love tonight, please call me. must.talk.about.it. Disclaimer: I'm not pervy, I really could've done without the adult scenes, but other than that it was TOTALLY THE BEST EPISODE EVER!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hunter has a look on his face like "how could you do this to me?" It's so funny. What is Big Love?

amy said...

I haven't watched the newest Big Love yet because I wait for them to come On Demand....which means I'll watch it sometime today....then I will call you!
I can't wait now.

Marcy said...

We live in the dark ages & don't have cable, so I haven't seen it. My mom records them on her DVR so maybe I can catch it in Dallas in a couple weeks. Anyway, Hunter is still as cute as ever! I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks when we're in town (Aug. 12 or 18?)

Rikki said...

charlie does that too. and he hasn't rolled from his tummy to his back in 2 weeks...like he forgot how. he likes to stick his booty in the air too...but that's ok. it works out his thunder thighs.

The Ross Family said...

You crack me up! Hunter is going to surprise you one day by pushing up on those muscular little arms and before you know it...he'll be crawling into the kitchen to find you.
By the way, we LOVE Big Love too, but I didn't know it was coming back on. I'll have to check On Demand tonight. Thanks for letting me know.