Thursday, July 19, 2007

New Tricks

Hunter has started doing SO MANY new things this past month. I love how his personality is coming out and that he is so much more interactive with us.

He loves to shake his football rattle or telephone rattle (which I lost - insert sad face here) and then throw it across the room. Now I know he's not intentionally throwing it, but he does do it A LOT and I know James is secretly thanking God everytime he does because that's definitely a sign that he'll be the quarterback of the Cowboys one day. Right? The rattle is in the upper left corner of this picture - he had just thrown it. Good arm that boy has.

Two of Hunter's favorite things to do are get his diaper changed and get his clothes changed. He thinks it's a game and just laughs and laughs as soon as you start unbuttoning his outfit.

James took this picture one Tuesday when he was working from home. Apparently, Hunter likes to hold his own bottle now when Grandee feeds him. He's so independent!

He loves to hold and study new things. He was jealous of our cheesecake at dinner, so we gave him a spoon to make him feel included!

Studying the legos with Aunt Katie

This is how I find him every morning when I wake him up. He looks so relaxed - what worries does a baby have anyway? James like to say he's showing off his guns. I'll go ahead and apologize now if you've experienced the "have you bought your tickets to the gun show" joke - one of James' favorites.

My favorite new thing Hunter does is cuddle. He wouldn't cuddle with me for so long and now he grips on tight. I love it!

5 comments:

The Ross Family said...

Awww, I love it. He is doing so much and he seems so interested in learning new things. He's obviously very intelligent. That's hilarious about the tickets to the gun show. Too funny.

Katie said...

Hunter is such a little cutie, why did you have to ruin that post by putting that HORRIBLE picture of me in it? I can't wait to hang out with him Saturday night!

Marcy said...

I love the last picture... what a cute sleeping position!

Kim said...

The sleeping picture is the CUTEST. All he needs is a little umbrella in his milk bottle ;D

Kaitlin L. said...

What a relaxed-looking cutie! He looks so much like James in the picture where you're changing his clothes! Carole - let's see your hair! (I need ideas, too!)