Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Helmet is Here

So we got the DOC band. It's actually going better than I had anticipated. Hunter has been a little fussier than usual and waking up after we put him down at night (which he never does - I know I'm totally blessed). The biggest problem with it is my obssessiveness (is that a word?). I lay in bed the first night he got it and just felt awful that he was having to sleep in this head squishing contraption. BUT he doesn't seem to mind it most of the time. It just makes him escalate faster than before and adds to his frustration when he's already mad or tired. He is TOTALLY the cutest baby EVER in it though! It comes to a point above his nose, which just makes him look really pissed most of the time - totally funny. Here are some pics:

This is what I mean by looking mad. He's not really grimacing here.


We put his exersaucer together the other night. I think we were way more excited than he was.

By the way, what's up with the format, Blogger? Every time I post I separate paragraphs to break up my thoughts, but when i publish blogger makes it one big paragraph. Idon'treallyhavejustonelongthought. FIX IT!

3 comments:

Katie said...

He looks so cute! Oh and I'm sure you are going to have many years of you being more excited about something than he is. It always seems like they like the box more than the toy.

The Ross Family said...

He looks so cute in it and I think the "mad look" is adorable. I'm glad he has adjusted to it so well.

Trina said...

What a trooper he is! And so adorable, as usual... : ). I meant to get over there and hold him the night before, to hold him one last time before he got it,for he will be older when it comes off and never be at this age again...but I was not feeling well at all.

Katie is right. You will always be more excited than him. Always!!!! Even when he is in high school....

Mom