Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lords and Ladies

Hunter turns 7 (SEVEN!) on Monday, so we celebrated today with a birthday party at Medieval Times.  Since he's turning 7, he got to invite 7 friends to come along:)  One of his friends was traveling for spring break, so Charlotte got to come along in his place.  The boys were so excited when we got there...


We were in the center section, cheering for the black and white knight!

Riley photo bombed us girls...



We had a little reservation snafu that caused a bit of a panic this afternoon.  They called at 2:10 asking if we were still planning to make the 2:15 show.  We were scheduled (or were supposed to be scheduled) for the 5:00 show.  I was not happy, but the operations manager was wonderful and eventually worked it out for us to still come at 5.  And to make up for my crying breakdown, she gave Hunter this awesome light up sword and all of the boys light up necklaces...

This picture is terrible, but that's the king and his daughter, the princess (Charlotte's favorite person there, of course)...

I don't remember this guy's title, but he had a falcon that flew around.  It was pretty cool...


Horses...

They don't have silverware at Medieval Times, because they didn't have it in the real medieval times, so you have to eat with your hands.  First they serve dragon tail soup in a bowl with a handle, so you can pick it up and slurp it in.  Then they bring out bread, followed by falcon (right after the falcon guy leaves)...
Aka chicken.  Hunter's friends that were seated beside me did not want to eat it because she called it falcon.  I assured them that it was just chicken, and that was enough for one of them to try it, but the other didn't eat a bite because he didn't want to "eat that bird".  Poor little guy.  It was really good!

They also bring out dragon's egg (the potato) and a rat's tail (the rib)...
It's a ton of food!

Hunter really enjoyed the food.  James said Char ate well, too.  I was pleasantly surprised that both of them enjoyed it.  Hunter told me that's the only soup he's ever had that he actually liked:)  I was glad to hear that because this mama LOVES soup, and he groans about it every.single.time. I make it.

Finally, the knights came out for the games...

Our knight...


The jousting was so exciting that I didn't get any photos of it.  We had a blast.  During the show, I heard Hunter's friend, Kevin say, "This is the best day of my life!  I'm going to remember this forever!"  I'm so glad they had fun!
It was POURING when the show got out, and I think the boys were almost as excited to run in the rain to our cars as they were to watch the show.

After we dropped everyone off, we came back to the house to open Hunter's gifts with Kate and her kiddos...







 
He loved all of his presents, and had such a great party.  I think it may have been his favorite birthday celebration ever!  Looking forward to Monday when we will celebrate him more!

No comments: