Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Big Boy Hair

So my dream for Hunter's hair has always been for him to have long (not girly long) locks that curled up at the end. You know. The preppy boy look. Yes, although I have no desire for my son to ever actually pledge a fraternity, I am a sucker for that frat daddy look.
...
But as you've all seen, God didn't give my son that gift. He gave Hunter fine, thin, straight as a board, refuses to grow past the top of his ears hair. So last week I decided it was time to give up the dream and move on to a new style.
...
We went to barber James (our James's barber), and I told him to cut it off short enough for me to style. (I think the words "spike with gel or something" were actually used). Barber James looked at me kind of funny and said, "You know it's going to be a lot different?" It's like he knew about all of the tears I've cried over the years from bad haircuts resulting from spontaneous, poorly thought out decisions. (I assure y'all, though, this man has never been near my head. I prefer stylists of the female type.)
...
Here's the picture story from the day.

This is my before shot. Barber James had to do some coaxing before Hunter would let him near his head with the scissors, and heaven forbid!, the clipper-razor thingy...
(I think that picture is so precious by the way. How cute is my son?...and my hubby:))

The aforementioned, clipper-razor thingy in action...
The final product...

Hunter's not sure how he feels about the new look. Either that or he's frustrated that he didn't get his sucker yet...especially since he told us, "I wanna sucker" over and over for the entirety of the hair cutting process.

We did get that sucker to him asap though...
...and boy was it good...
This one's for you Marcy...
(That's the gun I told you about Hunter playing with in the barber shop. It looks like it is just inherent in boys to play with weapons from a young age. Luckily Will and Hunter don't get much opportunity to use their weapons against each other.:))

And this one's just so y'all can really see what his hair looks like. I feel like since it's blonde, it didn't show up well in the lighting at the barber shop...

4 comments:

Rikki said...

i like the spikey look! too cool for school.

Trina said...

I like it! How does he feel today?

Unknown said...

He is such the big boy now!! His hair looks cute!

The Hunter Family said...

Love, Love, Love it! I remember when we got Isaac's big boy cut. Sigh. It goes so fast. I can't believe he's almost a big brother.