Sunday, June 21, 2009

James

Top ten reasons he's the best father EVER (in no particular order)...

He watches Hunter the entire time I'm getting ready in the morning...which on days like today can be a really long time. As you can see, this morning was a shoe dilemma kind of a day...
(Here's my shout out to all of the pregnant women who've endured the swollen feet phenomenon. It's really hard to find shoes that work with your church attire when you have feet swollen to 50 times their normal size!)
...
He teaches Hunter to have good manners. I love that James has great manners...this is one of the things I listed at my lingerie shower for my on-the-spot reasons I love James list. I think I actually said, "I love that James takes his cap off at dinner."
...
He gets Hunter ready for school everysinglemorning while I get ready for work in our peaceful, quiet bathroom:)
...
He feeds Hunter breakfast everysinglemorning while I get ready for work in our peaceful, quiet bathroom:)
...
He plays outside with Hunter anytime he wants...and this weekend he even put on his swim shorts and sat in the kiddie pool with H in our backyard. Totally wish I had a picture of that one.
...
He plays fun, silly games that any 2 year old would love like ride em horsie and Hunter's favorite Brooks Family game creation..."bonk head".
...
He models the love of a husband. James greets me with a hug and kiss everyday when he (or I) gets home or leaves for work. And as I've said before, that man serves me like no other. He definitely keeps his promises. I know Hunter is going to be the best husband to one lucky woman one day after watching his daddy for 18 years.
...
He spends hours...days even...slaving over putting toys together for our son.
...
He loves changing diapers:) Okay not really, but he never complains about doing it!
...
He passes down some awesome genes. Everyone says Hunter looks just like James, and even though I don't see it as clearly as them, they both are pretty dang good looking.
...
Happy Father's Day James, Dad and Frank! I'm so thankful for all of you...and so is little H!

3 comments:

Brandie said...

Happy Fathers Day James!

Kaitlin L. said...

Happy Father's Day, you guys! What is it with dads and boys bonking heads..Keith and Logan call it "Hodie-ay" and kill brain cells sometimes, I'm sure!

Marcy said...

I love your list Carole, James is a great dad & husband! Happy Father's Day, James!