Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Volume 1...Me

July 3rd is my birthday and July 4th is my mother-in-law's (and America's!) so it's always a fun-filled couple of days at our house. Everyone made me feel so special again this year with all sorts of birthday wishes, so thanks!
...
James and I had decided to not do any gifts for birthdays/holidays anymore until the job situation gets worked out, but he still did several things for me because he's such a great husband. When I got out of the shower yesterday morning he brought in donuts (which I LOVE ...definitely one of my favorite foods) that he and Hunter had gone to buy when I got into the shower. Then once I had left for work, he called my cell and told me to look in the glove box for a surprise (I also love surprises). I found 2 bags of candy - gummy strawberries and cherries and cherry sours that you can get at the mall candy stores...two more healthy treats that I lu-huv. Then when I got home from work, I found a pie that James had made me while I was at work. Yes ladies, my husband made me a pie. I know you're jealous, and I'm gonna make it worse by telling you it was a recipe that I'd cut out and put in the junk drawer because it looked so dang good. I just hadn't gotten around to making it yet. It was awesome though.
...
In case you didn't notice the pattern, I obviously love sweet food, and my husband is well aware of this, so those "gifts" made me feel so special because even though he couldn't get me a diamond necklace like he usually does;), he thought of specific things to make me happy.
...
Okay one more story then I'll get to the pictures. I've been telling this to everyone because it makes me feel so encouraged about the good in people. At work we have a committee that selects employee of the month every month based on staff nominations. As EOM you get several perks, one of which is a parking spot right by the ambulance entrance. So you actually get to park in the OCH lot instead of walking from down the street, which in 100+ weather sucks. The July EOM is from our therapy department and she is probably the sweetest person I've ever met. Literally. Well when I got to work yesterday (my bday) morning, she came up to me and told me she was GIVING ME HER EOM PARKING SPOT. She had already cleared it with the people in charge and everything. Since it's so hot and I'm so pregnant, she wanted me to have it. Y'all I started crying right there in the office like an idiot. I'm sure part of it is my hormones, but I felt really moved that she would think of me. Mercy (that's her name) is so selfless (always, not just with this), and I feel so encouraged by her and challenged to live the gospel, as she does, and not just to teach it.
...
Okay, now that you have that happy, fuzzy feeling, here's my bday pics...



Since the LuAnn sign is probably giving it away anyway, yes, we are at Luby's. How do you not love that place?

And here's a little preview of Charlotte's room (and my belly for those of you that care...i.e., Laura and Marcy)...

I plan to take shots of the whole room soon.

5 comments:

Trina said...

Happy Birthday Sweetheart, tell Dee Happy Birthday from me also and tell Mercy your Mom says Thank you!

I love you!

Crazy May Days said...

Happy Birthday Carole! You and your cute Charlotte tummy look SO wonderful!!! We can't wait to meet her! I am so happy that the room is coming together and that you won't be walking far in 100+ heat to work! Looks like you had fantastic celebrations this weekend! can't wait to see new pics of the room!

Marcy said...

Carole,
Happy Birthday!!! You look fabulous and I love Charlotte's room! And is James wearing a UT hat? :)

Kaitlin L. said...

Happy Birthday, Carole - it sounds like James did a great job! You look super cute, though, and I can't wait to see pics of the nursery (I'm going to work on ours this week!)

The Hunter Family said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Wish I could have been there adn thanks for including the belly shot. What a sweet hubby you have!