Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting Ready

So it's getting really close now. My last day at work is Friday because we'll be inducing by Monday if she's not here yet. (To all of my sweet friends who've called to check on me...I'm so sorry if I haven't called you back, and I promise to soon because you deserve it for being so caring!)

It's funny how different and at the same time how similar I feel to the last time we were getting this close to welcoming a child into our home. Once again, it seems so crazy and weird to me that we'll have a daughter in 5 days (or less!). But, hey, it's weird to me that we're parents at all, and we've had that role for over 2 years now.

Hunter has been pretty helpful in getting things ready for baby Charlotte. We got out the swing and set it up the other day, and Hunter wanted to put Bear in so he could have a turn to swing. I was so encouraged at how loving and sweet and gentle Hunter was with Bear.

He let me buckle Bear into the seat and gently rocked him back and forth while he danced to the music.

He leaned over to lovingly check on Bear...
Then he wanted Doggie to have a turn. (As you can see we come up with some really creative names for our stuffed animal friends in the Brooks household.) So we buckled Doggie in, and tried to fit Bear in with him...
But then a totally surprised Bear got thrown to the floor out of nowhere. Apparently Hunter was so over playing with him...
Doggie was obviously the priority...and Doggie is never a priority over Bear. Bear is definitely Hunter's favorite friend.

We're hoping Hunter will be less fickle in his love for Charlotte. :)

3 comments:

Kaitlin L. said...

Wow - very exciting! We'll be praying for you guys in these last 5 days!

Mrs. Everything said...

Praying for you Carole! Can't wait to see little Miss Charlotte!!

Crazy May Days said...

Oh Carole, we are sending such loving prayers your way as you gear up to meet your sweet baby girl. I never knew the amount of love that could come from multiple children...especially between the siblings! I am so excited for you and James!!!! And Hunter too... and if he starts to regress a little just go back to my blog when Gabriel first came and you commented to me that "Molly would come around" (totally encouraged me btw) which she totally did and now they have such a beautiful love for each other! Can't wait for pictures of Miss Charlotte and Big Brother Hunter! You guys will be such a cute party of four!!!