Friday, July 10, 2009

Pool Time

We bought Hunter one of those kiddie pools at Target about a month ago, and as y'all can see, he loves it. Unfortunately mommy doesn't love the 100+ heat that we have to sit in to hang out in there...especially since I don't get to cool off with the water. (Just in case you were wondering, kiddie pools and 8 1/2 month pregnant women don't mix well.) Luckily, James is the best husband and father ever, and usually I go inside once I can no longer breathe because it's SO DANG HOT!!! This is usually after about 5 minutes of pool time. Seriously.
The pool we bought has a little slide and a giraffe head that sprays water so the slide can stay wet. I know. Scary. That picture above was the first time we hooked up the giraffe. About 1.5 seconds later, Hunter was doing this...
And yes, James and I were CRACKING UP at this....possibly the funniest thing I've seen all year.

Obviously my kid is not a fan of the freaky, water-spraying giraffe head, but he does love holding the water hose to fill up the pool himself...I think this makes up for the attack of the water-spewing giraffe.
...
He also likes to pick blades of grass and put them in the pool only to scoop them up with a cup seconds later to clean the pool out...Cleaning is one of his favorite past-times, you know.
...
This week Hunter got to go on 2 playdates with friends that have real pools. I didn't get any pictures in the big pool at Charlie's house, but I got some of the boys playing after...

Maybe they'll be b-ball teammates one day. That is the sport I'm pushing for...it's the indoor-ness of it that's so appealing to me:)

The next day we went to Jackson's house for a big playdate with Jackson, Levi, Judah, Teagan, Presley, Kayden and Keeley. (Crystal, I hijacked pictures off of your blog since I didn't take any that day:))...

We had so much fun with all of y'all this week! Hopefully we can go swimming again soon!

No comments: