Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Volume 2...America

We went out to my dad's house for the 4th, and it was hot but a lot of fun! As a general rule, I don't like to be uncomfortable, and when I am, I don't do much moving around...especially at 8+ months pregnant. So that's my excuse for only taking pictures of my kid and not all of the other cute ones that were there. Yes. I was one of those mom's yesterday. I know it's annoying.
...
My dad bought this water slide for the kids to play on, and they loved it...
Our sweet boy, as usual, was really unsure about the slide at first, but Cousin Vanesa convinced him it would be okay...
They went down together, and then he couldn't get enough! He kept running over to me in between slides and saying, "So fun!" and then he'd quickly run back for another turn. (I'd also like to note that you can see 3 other kids in the picture above, so I really must not be as annoying as I thought.:))
...
The water at the bottom of the slide eventually turned brown from all of the mud and all of the kids looked like this...

And because of the crazy heat all of the adults looked like this...
But then my dad grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs and the yummy food perked everyone up a little...
...well that and the hosing off that had to take place before those little muddy hands could touch the food:)
...
I hope y'all had a great 4th too!

3 comments:

Rikki said...

that slide looks so fun! you look great carole! happy belated birthday!

The Magsigs said...

Glad you had a fun birthday and 4th. By the way, you look great!

Trina said...

looks like fun...wish I could of been there too.