Friday, August 17, 2007

"He did it! He did it! He did it! Hooray!"

Hunter rolled over from his tummy to his back in early June before I went back to work, but he only did it 2 times in a row and then stopped. We've been waiting and waiting and waiting trying everything to get him to do it again. Then last night I laid him down on his back and went to the front door to tell something to James as he was watering our flowers. (Don't even know why we bother to do this. The scorching heat has killed all of the plant life in our yard anyway). When I came back, this is how I found Hunter. . .


I was so excited! I ran to grab James to tell him and Hunter did it 2 more times for him! I felt like doing that little song and dance that Dora the Explorer does at the end of her show when they accomplish their task. "We did it! We did it! We did it! Hooray!" Then they sing some stuff in Espanol.

Yay Hunter! We're so proud of him. Now he just needs to figure out how to pull that arm out from under him. It's hard out here for a baby.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Good job Hunter!!! I'm so excited for him. And thanks for putting the Dora song in my head.

Molly said...

Way to go Hunter! So glad you were both there to see it!

Rikki said...

that's so funny...charlie rolled from back to tummy yesterday too! he's been doing the almost-there thing too, then yesterday i left the room and came back to him up on his tummy! (he won't roll the other way anymore either, he did it for 2 weeks then gave up on it.) silly boys!