Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Good Role Model

My friend, Courtney, and Hunter's friend, Preston, came over to visit us this week. Preston will be 8 months at the end of this month (Hunter was 5 months last week). You wouldn't notice the age difference if you were just looking at them sitting or laying by each other though, because they are the same size. Hunter actually weighs a tiny bit more than Preston, but they are the same length. Yes, you read that right Hunter weighs more than Preston. This is my new obsession - Why is my son so HUGE? He's 5 months and has 3 pounds and 2 inches to go before outgrowing his car seat. Many of my friends have kept their kids in the infant carrier until 1 year, but my enourmous son will probably outgrow it at 6 months. Good.

Here are Hunter and Preston playing. . .

And here's some proof that I'm not exagerating. See how they are the same size!

Preston is pretty advanced physically for his age. He is soooooo mobile! He loves to walk around with his mommy holding his hands and stand up and sit down a million times in a row while pulling up on the table. I won't say I can't wait for Hunter to get to this stage because now I see how EXHAUSTING it must be, but at least I'll get good exercise!

While Courtney and Preston were here, I kept joking that Preston could teach Hunter how to sit up and he did! I guess Hunter got jealous of Preston's ability to view the world from a different angle, so he put his hands to the ground and held himself up for like a minute. I had to pick him up eventually because he was leaning forward so far that his face was almost touching the floor. Now, that's good parenting.
Hunter says, "For real mom, chill with the pictures." This was like the 5th one in a row I'd taken of him sitting up. I was super excited!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Good job on sitting up Hunter!! Those pics are too cute!

Love y'all!

Kim said...

Both of my kids were out of the infant carrier at 6 months because they were too long, and most people I know don't use them the whole first year, so no worries! And way to go, Hunter!

Kim said...

Rolling over and sitting up? He's one motivated baby!! Too bad I can't bring Gideon over so he can learn from Hunter!

The Ross Family said...

We had so much fun with you guys the other day. Just let me know when you want me to bring Preston over again so he can teach Hunter how to speed crawl and to pull up on EVERYTHING. I will send you the photos that I took of Hunter sitting up. He did so well for a first timer. I was impressed!