Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Don't Stand So Close to Me"

So James and I went to The Police concert last night. For those of you who live in Dallas, you know that this means we got out in the crazy rain for Sting. He better appreciate us. We're talking sheets of rainfall here.



Here are James and I before we left. . .

Since I don't have an after picture for you, I'll paint a mental image: We ran all the way to the building (which was quite a distance since we had to park in like the furthest lot possible). Here's how dorky I looked - I had pulled my pants up to my knees so they didn't get soaked by dragging the ground and I was leaning over holding them up (remember, I'm running. . . in flip flops), my shirt started falling off because of the horizontal rain and wind combined with the fact that I'm running in rain (in flip flops) which is difficult for someone like me who's not so graceful, and my hair was all over the place and all stuck to my lipstick and frizzing like crazy. Luckily I had a ponytail as usual. As you can imagine, I looked good for Sting.



After a quick stop by the restroom to dry off, we went to find our seats. We were in section 315, row L. For those of you who don't have the floor plan of the AAC memorized, we had 2 rows behind us and then the wall. This meant we were in the top of the 3rd tier. Sitting in that section makes you feel like gravity is going to pull you out of your seat and you are going to plummet all the way down to the floor because of the ridiculously steep slope. So, I decided ahead of time that I was not going to stand because I didn't want Hunter to lose his mother to such a tragic event as me falling out of my seat and rolling over hundreds of people below me. Luckily, there's not many die hard fans that sit (or I guess stand) in the 3rd tier. Just this guy and girl in the back row who stood all the way through, clapping and dancing and jumping up and down like they were at the Metallica concert. . . brave souls, those two.


The concert was great, but I'm so lame and act waaaaay older than my age (which is 27 in less than a week in case you weren't sure) so James and I left during the second encore. I had been yawning since before they even got on stage so it was a miracle that we made it that long.

8 comments:

Katie said...

In the picture it looks like James shirt is wet. Is it?

Carole said...

yes. he ran out to the car to get our umbrellas.

Marcy said...

I'm so impressed that y'all are going out on dates already... Aubrey was 5 months the first time we left her!

The Ross Family said...

What a great night you two had! I hope you guys had fun in spite of the weather and the fear of falling.

Rikki said...

i know what you mean about steep seats. one time eric and i went to a San Antonio Spurs game at the SBC center there and sat way up at the top...it felt like you need a seat belt just so you don't tumble forward! kinda made me nauseous. anyways...hope you had fun!

Kim said...

Okay, this one really made we laugh! And I don't even make it to 1st encores anymore!! :)

Molly said...

I'm still jealous that you got to go, rain or no rain.

Molly said...

I'm still jealous that you got to go, rain or no rain. I am sure it was great.