Sunday, June 17, 2007

Super Dad

Today was a very special one for us. We had 3 things to celebrate - Hunter's 3 month old birthday, Hunter being dedicated to the Lord this morning at church, and of course, Hunter's amazing Daddy. James and I were both really nervous that Hunter was not going to do well during his dedication ceremony this morning. I don't know why - he's really been an amazing baby lately. We just figured the chances of him enduring the dedication without crying, fussing, tooting loudly when Pastor Matthew was praying for him (James's major fear), or worse letting out an s.b.d. which he has been doing A LOT of lately (and they are really foul - like an old man's or something), but he proved once again to be a great baby. He did perfect. We were so thankful. . . but maybe too soon. We got home from lunch today and he pretty much cried the entire day. I let James nap for several hours since it's Father's Day. Luckily, he woke up just in time before all of my sanity was taken by the screams. And right now as I'm typing, James is in the nursery rocking our sweet, screaming baby, which means I should stop typing now. Here's some pics for you to enjoy!

Hunter's dedication.


Pastor Matthew praying for Hunter - sorry it's blurry. Nana had some trouble with the camera.

I just wanted to add these new pics to show you Hunter's new favorite position. As many of you know I've been trying to lay him on the floor because the OT at cranial technologies (where he was evaluated for his DOC band) told me to keep him off of inclined surfaces as much as possible. He loves to lay on the floor sucking one fist and pulling his blaket toward his face with the other - so cute!

I've also been meaning to post a pic of him sleeping. This is how he ALWAYS sleeps. No wonder my ribs were hurting so bad that last trimester - no fetal position for him!


4 comments:

Katie said...

I have the cutest nephew ever!

The Ross Family said...

What a wonderful day, minus the screaming baby. I love the way he sleeps. That is too cute. I hope you have a good 2nd week back at work.

Anonymous said...

Very cute, I wish I could have been there.

Rikki said...

Charlie was dedicated at our church on Sunday too! It was a neat moment. He loves to sleep with his arms up too...they have so much in common. Cute boys! They need to play again soon!