Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Good and the Bad

Good news first . . . Hunter rolled from his tummy to his back for the first time this week!!! The first time he did it, I was showing his Grandee how I do tummy time. The instant I get done saying, "He's not very strong. I think he'll be behind with physical milestones," he rolls over as if to say, "I'll show you, Mommy!" I was so excited and proud of him! I called James in from outside and of course he wouldn't do it for him (and still hasn't). Now for the sad news - Friday was mine and Hunter's last full week day together. I go back to work on Monday :(. I can't believe how quickly 12 weeks has flown by. I also can't believe how naiive I was before I had him to think that I might actually look forward to returning to work. What! Was I crazy! Don't get me wrong - I LOVE MY JOB, which I know many, many people can't say. In a perfect world, I'd just go back to work with him attached to me all day. Baylor might go for that, right? What do y'all think? Maybe I should propose that in the next staff meeting. I know I have a week of sadness and crying ahead of me. I do feel blessed to be able to work part time, though, and as everyone keeps telling me, 4 hours will fly by each day. Please pray that God will continually remind me how blessed I am to love my job, to be able to work part time at a fullfilling job I truly enjoy, to be able to leave Hunter at home with his Grandee who loves him, and to have this amazing little boy that I couldn't love more! Here are some pictures of how we spent our last Friday (before work starts) together.


Here's Hunter before he rolled over, and . . .


here he is in mid-roll. I didn't get an after shot. You can see why if you look at his face.


We went to my friend Molly's house for lunch and met my friend Carrie and her son Ronnie. Here is a picture of our 3 boys - Thomas, Hunter, and Ronnie .

When we got home, we spent a lot of time playing and smiling and laughing together!

4 comments:

Rikki said...

i'm right there with you on going back to work...monday's my first day too!

good job baby hunter on rolling! charlie still struggles with tummy time!

Marcy said...

We'll be praying for your transition back to work!

The Ross Family said...

I hope you are doing okay and survived the day. This is going to be a very hard week. I will continue to pray for you.

Trina said...

I love that smiling boy! I love you too Carole!