Thursday, June 14, 2007

I Survived!

Tomorrow is the last day of my first week back at work. Surprisingly it has gone really great! I definitely miss Hunter every day, and I'm so happy to get home to see him. The mornings just fly by, though. Here's a run down of how it went - I've told this story like a million times, so many of you have probably already heard it. Sunday night I was soooo upset. I just laid in bed DREADING the next morning. Monday morning I woke up and immediately started crying. I cried all morning while getting ready. We're talking sobbing here, like making horrible ugly faces and turning red with the whole sore throat thing and all. I didn't even bother to attempt putting make up on because I couldn't stop crying. James stuck around waiting for me to finish getting ready because I was so upset. I kept telling him to leave, but it turned out to be really good because when it was time to leave, the sobbing got soooo hard. It was the hardest thing I've ever done to leave that morning. I left and James gave his mom instructions for the day. I cried in the car the whole way to work. Luckily my friend, Courtney, answered her phone when I called and provided great support to calm me down, so that when I pulled up, the tears had stopped. I walked into the therapy office (with my sunglasses still on because my eyes were so puffy) and immediately started crying when I saw my friends. They all gave me a hug as I sat there sobbing, and then it was over. I haven't cried since! Probably because I work with the most AMAZING women ever! They had signs up with balloons on the therapy door and on my desk that said "Welcome Back Carole. We missed you!" and they had donuts and juice and my friend, Heather, made muffins and my friend, Caroline, brought me a bamboo plant for my desk to make me "feel warm"! I am so overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness and love! They have made my transition an amazing one! Everyone is so interested in hearing about Hunter and seems genuinely happy to see me back, which makes me happy to be back. It really is the perfect schedule for me. Thanks everyone for caring and checking up on me! I feel so blessed! (Sorry for the sappiness. I promise my next entry will be much less emotional!)

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Carole,
I'm so glad the rest of your week went so well... what an answer to prayer!

Rikki said...

hey carole...glad to hear you feel better! i had a good transition too. not nearly as bad as i thought it would be! we need to get the boys together again soon!