Friday, December 18, 2015

More Advent and School Fun

Yesterday the kids had their Jingle Bell Run at school. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take off work to go, but thankfully my friend, Nicole, took lots of cute pictures for me...
 
 
 He's ready to run!
 
   
Look at him go!
  
Several hours later, it was Charlotte's turn...

 
I think she was a little more easy going in her approach than big brother:) 
 
 
That night the plan was to make these really *simple* treats to give to the garbage man the next day. Somehow we managed to ruin them...

Nailed it. Again.

We were too embarrassed to give them to the garbage men, so we just kept them to eat ourselves. They taste good even though they look awful...
 
This morning was the kids' class holiday parties at school, and they were more than excited...
 
 Hunter's class won a special field trip to this science center in Frisco because they had the most attendance at the parent university in the fall. I was able to go with them, and it warmed my heart that Hunter was so excited that I was there. He kept running over and hugging me and telling me he loved me and asking if I was having fun. He is such a sweet boy. They  had this cool science and fire demonstration before we explored...
 
And then several different visual perceptual sets. This was a cool little house that made you look small in one corner and large in the other... 
 
There was a room with lots of fun centers that reminded me of the Perot Museum... 


This was the most popular area. The kids had fun building little forts (and fighting with their impromptu swords as you can see)...

 
James stayed home with Grey all day, and he texted me this picture while we were at the science center. Apparently James left the room for a couple of  minutes and while he was gone, Grey grabbed all of these things from his room to make a fort in the tv room:)  

Love how cuddly he and his siblings are!
 
After we got back from the field trip, it was time to start setting up for the parties! I was in charge of Hunter's party and we made these reindeer cocoa bags as favors for the kids...
 
Third grade had a candyland theme, so the kids decorated cupcakes with candy...  

 
After that I headed to switch with my mom (who had been at Charlotte's party). I grabbed a picture of Hunter with his teacher, Mrs. Steeger, before heading over... 
 
When I got to Char's class they were reading a book, but finished right as I was walking in. She was excited to go through her bag of goodies... 



Charlotte and her teacher, Mrs. Beal...
 

While I was at Char's party, Hunter's class played some candy themed games...

 
I ran back to Hunter's class to clean up right at the end of the party, so mom took Char out front to wait for us... 

 
My mom and I took the kids to the movies to see The Good Dinosaur right after school let out (yay for early release day!). It was so good (but sad), and we loved it!
 
I was wiped when we got home! 
My plan had been to do some Christmas shopping because I'm so behind, but I just cuddled with this sweet girl instead... 
 
 
 
 

No comments: