Saturday, February 1, 2014

Grey's First Birthday!!

Inexplicably, a year has passed already, so we celebrated our Grey with a football themed party.  Grey's birthday is tomorrow, Super Bowl Sunday, so we couldn't resist going with a football theme for his big day.  I think my favorite thing was the invitation...
Isn't it precious!?!
 
Nana and Rich were the first to arrive, so Grey opened their gifts before the other guests got to the house...


Then, I snapped some pictures of everything while I had a chance...


I love his smash cake...





Our family arrived first, so everyone got some snuggles in.  Nana...
Us:)...

Grandee...

Nanny...

Jennifer and Grandpa...
 
After our friends arrived, we all sat down to eat.  Grey had his favorite food, pizza...
He ate 2 pieces, as usual.  The last two months he has been such a big eater.  I'm so thankful he finally likes to eat and chows down!  It's like he's making up for all of those months of not getting enough calories!

Then it was time for the best part of one year old birthday parties  Cake!


He wasn't sure about it at first...

He looked to the big boys for some encouragement...

And after Hunter showed him how, he dug right in...



And didn't stop!

Until Aunt Katie made him take a water break...

But he quickly, dug back in again...


He made such a mess, that I decided to take it away and cleaned him up a bit, so he could eat it with a fork...
I did let him have some fun, before my OCD kicked in.  He liked eating his cake from the fork just as much as with his hands...

He was mad when I took it away, though! 

Of course I had the obligatory monthly picture banner...


After most everyone left, Grey opened the rest of his gifts...






The tissue paper is always the best part!

 
It was a really special day.  We were so happy to celebrate the blessing God has given us in Grey.  I loved looking around my house at all of the friends and family that have helped us raise Grey through prayers and care for him and support for James and I.  It was so moving to see all of the people that have been there for us at the birth and first birthday (and many other birthdays!) of all three of our kids.  God has blessed us richly.

No comments: