Monday, February 24, 2014

Blue Devil's Basketball

It's no secret that I'm not a sporty girl.  I don't play, and I really don't like to watch that much.  If I had to pick a sport, though, it would be basketball.  This was Hunter's first time ever playing, and it turned out to be his favorite, too.  Considering his team's record was 0-7-1, I think it's pretty encouraging that he says it's his favorite:)
 
The Blue Devil's pretty much got killed at 75% of our games, but the boys always seemed okay after it was over.  I think the snacks distracted them from the devastation of the loss...







James was the coach, and I was really proud of him by the end of the season.  He is pretty much the opposite of me when it comes to sports, so I know it wasn't easy for him to always lose.
 

I love these 4 friends!  They all go to Dartmouth together, and I'm so thankful Hunter has all of them as his buddies...

Although Hunter was fine at the end of the game usually, he definitely has a little bit of his dad in him.  This was the look on his face at the second or third game when the other team kept scoring...


Towards the end of the season (I think it was the 6th - out of 8 - game), Hunter came home right after losing big and made a plan for winning...

He's never seen a playbook before that I know of, so I thought it was interesting that he knew what to draw.

Their last game was this weekend, and I had to miss it because I was out of town.  I was SO sad about that, so James sent me a picture of the boys (all except 3) at the end of year party...
Hunter is always so proud of his trophy.  I think it's his favorite part of playing any sport!  I would joke with some of the other parents that at least the boys were building character while losing game after game.  I was really proud of how Hunter handled it.  I would always ask if he had fun, and he'd always say yes.  It was a good opportunity to talk about how having fun is what's important when playing sports.  I know he had fun, and he was the most aggressive I've ever seen him in sports, so that made me proud, too.  I love watching him learn and grow!

No comments: